Scientific Programme Committee Chair
Education/ Current position: PhD, Biological Science, 1977; Professor of Histology, University of L’Aquila, Italy.
Training: University of Berne (CH), 1982; Oxford University (UK), 1984; Washington University at St. Louis, MO (USA), 1986; 1987.
Honours and Awards: Chemofux Prize, 1991; Prix André Lichtwitz, 1993; Swiss Bridge Award, 2008; ECTS Mike Horton Award, 2013.
Editorial Duties/ Peer Review Panels: Editorial Boards: Bone; Calcif Tissue Int; Arch Biochem Biophys; BoneKey Reports; Br J Pharmacol. Reviewer: >40 international Journals & 15 grant agencies.
Professional Societies: President: Association of Osteobiology. Past Treasurer: ECTS. Past Vice President, IBMS; Current member: Research Prize Committee, AuSBMR; Women’s Committee, ASBMR.
Publications: 180 peer-review articles
Scientific achievements: Osteoclast isolation, characterization, podosome discovery, intracellular calcium mobilization and pH regulation; pathogenesis and experimental therapy of osteopetrosis; role of c-Src in osteoblasts; role of IL-6 in bone metabolism; role of PRELP and CHAD in bone metabolism; role of lipocalin 2 in bone biomechanics.
- Claus-Christian Glüer (Kiel, Germany) – Co-Chair
- Juliet Compston (Cambridge, UK) – Clinical Co-Chair
- André Uitterlinden (Rotterdam, Netherlands) – Basic and Translational Co-Chair
- Bo Abrahamsen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Leonor Cancela (Faro, Portugal)
- Roland Chapurlat (Lyon, France)
- Nuria Guañabens (Barcelona, Spain) – LOC Chair
- Mattias Lorentzon (Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Martina Rauner (Dresden, Germany)