Guidance for ECTS Advisors of applicants to the ECTS Academy
ECTS is establishing the ECTS Academy aimed at strengthening the future of musculoskeletal research by attracting top next generation scientists and assisting them in setting up their research network. Every year ECTS organises a selection procedure for 10 new members to be elected for a duration of 5 years. Successful applicants should represent by the most talented PostDoc researchers in the musculoskeletal field in Europe.
ECTS would invite Advisors to support the applicants to the ECTS Academy by writing a support letter. Applications will be also expected to demonstrate:
- Publications in leading peer reviewed journals
- Proven track record in securing external grant income
- Good social skills and documented leadership during their career path.
Advisors are therefore recommended to include the following information in their support letter:
- Your opinion on why you believe that the applicant is one of the top-ranked young researchers at the national level. Topics may include:
- Research and teaching results
- International activities and network, such as appointments to national societies
- National and international awards, prizes etc.
- Leadership experience
- Your opinion on how the applicant could both contribute towards and benefit from the activities of ECTS Academy.
All information supplied will be treated confidentially, and used only for the purpose of the ECTS Academy selection procedure.