VUmc, Amsterdam (January 2018)
Medical Education: 1975-1983 (VU University medical centre, Amsterdam)
Profession: Rheumatologist since 1993 (Rheumatology trainee 1900-1993, Utrecht).
Thesis: Corticosteroids and bone, november 1996 (promotor Prof Dr JWJ Bijlsma, Utrecht)
- Since 1th august 2007 working for 4 days/week in VU University medical centre (Amsterdam) , and 1 day per week in Jan van Breemen Institute/Reade, Amsterdam
- Professor of Rheumatology, particularly in “ Metabolic Changes in Patients with Rheumatic Diseases” at the VUmc since april 2008
- Since 1st of january 2017 vice-chair of Department of Rheumatology VUmc.
- Metabolic Bone Changes in Rheumatic Diseases (Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Ankylosing Spondylitis)
- Early treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including Patient Reported Outcomes, Imaging and Multiple Drug Resistance)
- Osteoarthritis, particularly targeting phenotypes in knee and hip-osteoarthritis.
- Activities, outside the Netherlands
OSTRA (together with Prof Kvien (Oslo) and Prof Woolf (Truro, UK) collaborative group, working on Osteoporosis and Reumatoid Arthritis,founded in 1998
- Member of the organizing committee of the Working Group Metabolic Bone
Diseases in Rheumatology at American Society of Bone Mineral Research, 2005-2011
- Convenor (together with prof Dreinhofer) of EULAR-EFORT guideline on secondary prevention of fractures after an initial fracture
- Member Editorial Board: Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Member of Committee Osteo-Immunology meeting, Genua, Italy, since 2013
- Member Scientific Committee EULAR (2014-2016)
- Member Editorial Board Osteoporosis International (December 2014-…)
- Member Scientific Committee IOF (November 2014-….)
- Member Scientific Committee ECTS (May 2015-..)
Number of Publications (Pub Med)
355 (1th of January 2018)
Promotor by PhD Thesis: 20