Each year ECTS organises a selection procedure for new members to be elected within the ECTS Academy for a duration of 5 years.
Applications are now open for new positions for clinicians. Application Period: 22 November 2019 – 15 December 2019.
- Personal research grant of €2,500.00 (e.g. data access fees, investigation and publication costs)
- Free ECTS membership
- Free registration at the ECTS Annual Congress
- Free participation at the annual ECTS Academy Retreat
- Extensive networking opportunities
- Mentorship scheme
- Wide-ranging opportunities for participation in ECTS Committees and Academy activities
- The applicant is an ECTS Member and works in the musculoskeletal field in Europe.
- <10 years from MDs OR <5 from specialty. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years in case of exceptional circumstances (illness and pregnancy/childcare).
- At least 3 publications as first or last authors in international peer reviewed journals.
- Applicants holding a permanent faculty position for more than 3 years are not eligible.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in securing external grant income and/or actively participating in clinical studies
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate a scientific and clinical excellence profile and cooperative engagement for advancing musculoskeletal research
- The applicant should have good social skills and should have documented some leadership during their career path.
How to Apply
- Deadline: 15th December EOD
- Applications are to be made by self-nomination, by filling an online form specifically designed for evaluation of clinical applicants
- The applicant must be supported by two letters of referral. In the application form, you will be asked to provide two referee names. After the application, ECTS will contact the referees and send them an online reference letter form
The “immediate supervisor” of a candidate (e.g. the former thesis advisor or the current supervisor) cannot be selected as referees.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent review panel of clinicians and final selection will be made by the ECTS Board of Directors.
Activities of ECTS Academy are possible thanks to the financial support of Amgen Europe and AgNovos Healthcare.