ECTS launched a new Fellowship programme for our New Investigator members.
This one-year Fellowship programme is open to both pre-clinical and clinical researchers and will be used exclusively to fund research in the area of bone disease.
Applications are now closed.
- The Fellowship period is 1 year
- Two grants of €10,000 (Euros) each, which shall be deployed to cover salary costs, consumables and supplies relating to the research project
- The Fellowship covers two calls: one clinical and one basic/translational. If no satisfactory candidates from one call, ECTS will reserve the rights to transfer the grant to the other call.
- Successful applicants are requested to attend ECTS 2019 Congress during which awardees are announced.
- The agreed project must be started within 6 months and the grant will be paid to the Host Institution in two instalments
- Any presentation or publication of the data should mention the support of the work by the European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS)
- Upon completion of the project, ECTS will reserve its right to ask the award recipient to present the results of the research produced in the format / session it deems most appropriate during the ECTS Congress
- In the event the award recipient is unable to complete the research or desires to discontinue the research before its completion, the award recipient will be required to return all unexpended funds within 30 days of notification and any remaining award will be cancelled.
- After receiving the award the winner must make him/herself available to present the data of the research project within a maximal delay of 2 years
- Any scientist or clinician working in the field of bone biology
- The grant will be used exclusively to support translational or clinical research in the area of bone disease
- The applicant must be an ECTS member and be working in a European institution (but no restriction on the applicant’s nationality). Applications will be considered from European members who are working in an International institution if a strong case can be presented for performing the research outside Europe
- Recipients of previous ECTS Fellowships and Research Grants are not eligible to apply
- Applications from previous winning applicants or supervisors for funding the same or similar project will not be considered
- Unsuccessful candidates from previous ECTS Fellowships or Grant Programmes are encouraged to apply
- Successful applicants shall be active Members for the full duration of the programme and are required to provide testimonial and feedback on the fellowship experience
- Application for ECTS Fellowship is open from 10 September 2018 to 12 November 2018
- Applications are submitted in English and consist of two parts
- Accompanying Document
- Online Application Form: Clinical/Basic & Translational
- Application should also include financial details, a full description of the research project, list of current grants and CVs of applicant and sponsor
- Supervisor and sponsor can be the same person
Review Process & Notifications
- All applications are reviewed by an independent panel of reviewers. The final decision is based on the marks and comments from the reviewers and any conflicts of interest are identified and dealt with appropriately.
- Applicants will be informed regularly of the status of review and final notifications are planned by the end of March 2018