Each year ECTS organises a selection procedure for new members to be elected within the ECTS Academy for a duration of 2+2 years.
The 2023 call for applications for clinicians is now open, until 31 October 2022.
Final results will be available in March 2023 and members to be announced during ECTS 2023. Candidates will be notified during the entire process.
- Personal research grant of €2,500.00 (e.g. data access fees, investigation and publication costs), to be paid after one year of active participation.
- Free ECTS membership
- Free registration at the ECTS Annual Congress
- Participation at the annual ECTS Academy Retreat with financial support
- Extensive networking opportunities
- Mentorship scheme
- Wide-ranging opportunities for participation in ECTS Committees and Academy activities
The ECTS Academy membership is for a duration of two years, once renewable after an internal evaluation process.
Applications are accepted from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is an ECTS Member and works in the musculoskeletal field in Europe.
- At the time of application <10 years from qualifying from medical school AND <5 years from completing specialization (both criteria must be met). This period may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years in case of exceptional circumstances (illness and pregnancy/childcare).
- Present position must either not be a permanent faculty position or the applicant must be <3 years into a permanent faculty contract.
- The applicant should have a scientific profile in the musculoskeletal field with at least 3 publications as first or last authors in international peer reviewed journals.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate engagement in scientific organizations for advancing musculoskeletal research (e.g. committee participation, conference organization, abstract reviewer, etc.).
ECTS Academy Evaluation Criteria
Please find here the criteria, by which your application will be scored:
- List of publications
- Awards and prizes
- Engagement in musculoskeletal societies
- Secured grants/fellowships
- For clinicians: participation in clinical trials
- Invited talks
- Leadership experience (e.g. supervision of students, thesis supervision, etc.)
- Social engagement (e.g. participation in scientific events for the public, volunteering, etc.)
- Affinity to the musculoskeletal field (e.g. which conferences have you attended? How many times?)
- Motivation to be an ECTS Academy member based on your motivation letter
- Reference letters
How to Apply
- Deadline: 5 September – 31 October 2022
- Applications are to be made by self-nomination, by filling an online form specifically designed for evaluation of clinical applicants
- The applicant must be supported by two letters of referral. In the application form, you will be asked to provide two referee names. After the application, ECTS will contact the referees and send them an online reference letter form
The “immediate supervisor” of a candidate (e.g. the former thesis advisor or the current supervisor) cannot be selected as referees.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent review panel of clinicians and final selection will be made by the ECTS Board of Directors.
Activities of ECTS Academy are possible thanks to the financial support of Amgen Europe and Kyowa Kirin.