Each year ECTS organises a selection procedure for new members to be elected within the ECTS Academy for a duration of 5 years. The 2021 call for applications for basic scientists is now closed.
Thank you very much to those of you who applied for the ECTS Academy applications. We are pleased to inform you that Final results will be available in March and members to be announced during ECTS 2021. Candidates will be notified during the entire process.
- Personal research grant of €2,500.00 (e.g. data access fees, investigation and publication costs)
- Free ECTS membership
- Free registration at the ECTS Annual Congress
- Free participation at the annual ECTS Academy Retreat
- Extensive networking opportunities
- Mentorship scheme
- Wide-ranging opportunities for participation in ECTS Committees and Academy activities
Applications are accepted from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is an ECTS Member and works in the musculoskeletal field in Europe.
- For basic scientists: At the time of application <10 years after PhD (or equivalent) degree. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years in case of exceptional circumstances (illness and pregnancy/childcare).
- Present position must either not be a permanent faculty position or the applicant must be <3 years into a permanent faculty contract.
- The applicant should have a scientific profile in the musculoskeletal field with at least 3 publications as first or last authors in international peer reviewed journals.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate engagement in scientific organizations for advancing musculoskeletal research (e.g. committee participation, conference organization, abstract reviewer, etc.).
ECTS Academy Evaluation Criteria
Please find here the criteria, by which your application will be scored:
- List of publications
- Awards and prizes
- Engagement in musculoskeletal societies
- Secured grants/fellowships
- Invited talks
- Leadership experience (e.g. supervision of students, thesis supervision, etc.)
- Social engagement (e.g. participation in scientific events for the public, volunteering, etc.)
- Affinity to the musculoskeletal field (e.g. which conferences have you attended? How many times?)
- Motivation to be an ECTS Academy member based on your motivation letter
- Reference letters
Application Process – Applications are now closed.
Applications are to be made by self-nomination, by filling an online form.
The applicant must be supported by two letters of referral. In the application form, you will be asked to provide two referee names. After the application, ECTS will contact the referees and send them an online reference letter form.
The “immediate supervisor” of a candidate (e.g. the former thesis advisor or the current supervisor) cannot be selected as referees.
The review of the submissions by an independent review panel and final selection will be approved by the ECTS Board of Directors.
Activities of ECTS Academy are possible thanks to the financial support of Amgen Europe.