There is no fee for joining as an affiliated International Society
- A chance to collaborate with the ECTS
- The opportunity to arrange reciprocal marketing arrangements
- A listing on the ECTS affiliated societies page
- Affiliated societies are encouraged to advertise ECTS activities to ensure their members are aware of the full benefits, including grants and awards and training
- Affiliated society members are encouraged to attend the ECTS annual congress and submit their abstracts.
1. Aims are similar to those of ECTS:
- to advance scientific knowledge of the structure and function on calcified tissue and related subjects
- to promote basic and clinical research in this field and to publish and disseminate the results of such research
- to foster a multidisciplinary approach and to stimulate, through meetings, symposia, study groups, lectures, seminars and other means, exchange of information and collaboration
- to act as an authoritative body for the purpose of consultation in matters of public and professional interest concerning research in calcified tissues and related subjects in Europe
2. Society membership consists of both basic and clinical scientists.
3. Office bearers are elected by a poll of their members
4. Hold regular scientific meetings on topics related to basic and clinical aspects of calcified tissues research
Eligible societies will become affiliated to the ECTS if they fulfill the criteria listed above and if a majority of existing affiliated members vote in favor of affiliation.
To apply please complete the International Society Application Form and return with a copy of the Society’s constitution/governing document, a list of current Committee/Council members and programme details from the Society’s past 2 scientific meetings.