Executive Director Freelance contract
The European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS) is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit medical society promoting excellence in research and education in the musculoskeletal field.
The ECTS members are basic and clinical researchers and practitioners, nurses and allied health professionals who join forces to foster a multidisciplinary approach and promote research. ECTS vision is to advance science and build careers and networks for all members in the field.
We are looking for a highly motivated, strategic minded Executive Director that will lead and manage the ECTS, taking strategic and operational responsibility for the ECTS operations.
Leadership and Strategy
- Provide strategic advice to Executive, Board and Committees, all volunteers from scientific community
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in developing the strategic plan for ECTS
- Identify, assess and monitor internal issues and external threats to the organisation
- Act as a spokesperson and represent the Society to related societies
Operational and Management
- Develop an operational plan together with supporting policies and procedures, incorporating the goals and objectives of the agreed strategic direction of the organisation
- Oversee ECTS activities and service ensuring the requirements of the organisation are achieved in an efficient, timely and effective manner
- Determine and implement the staffing and resource requirements to achieve the Society’s goals; specifically consider balance and interaction of work by administrative staff employed versus committees formed by scientists.
- Review all contracts and review sub-contractor selection, evaluating performance and managing any processes to further improve standards
- Ensure and oversee compliance with relevant regulations, maintaining documentation and records as required
- Review and advise on meeting concepts in a changing environment
Business Development and Sponsorship
- Review and maintain corporate relations and sponsorship strategies
- Develop and maintain new and existing relations with members, affiliated societies
- Liaise with and actively engage collaborative partners on joint initiatives
- Actively participate in networks of other EU medical societies executives, represent ECTS
Financial Planning and Management
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are kept
- Monitor budget and set registration and sponsorship fees in collaboration with the Board
- Assist and advise on selection of meeting venues and suppliers
- Produce annual accounts in collaboration with the accountants
- Check and authorise payments within budgetary authority delegated by the Board
- Draft financial budgets, treasurer reports and reserve policies for approval by the Board
- Ensure that sound accounting procedures are followed and relevant legislative requirements are complied with
Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration, Event Management and/or
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Association Management, Professional Congress Organiser(PCO), preferably in medical societies or pharma/medical field
- You have strong leadership skills; you can handle pressure and have a hands-on attitude
- You manage to influence and engage a wide range of supporters and audiences to build long-termrelationships
- You are able to collaborate confidently with Board of directors’ members and with industry leadershipand partners.
- You are a team player, dynamic and resourceful, committed to high professional ethical standards
- You have an analytical thinking, with good knowledge of Business planning and commercial acumen
- You are available between 20-35 hours/week
- A basic knowledge of scientific matters and subject relevant to ECTS is a plus
What we offer
A freelance, home-based mission for 20-35 hours/week.
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter, by 14 August 2023, to the ECTS Secretary Prof Geert Carmeliet at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.