We are in the final countdown to ECTS 2018 in Valencia. Are you ready to go? To help you prepare your travel and enjoy the meeting at its best, we have put together a quick checklist:
- Registrations: online registrations are possible up till 25 May 2018 with the start of the pre-congress programme and opening of onsite registrations. You can register for the full programme, or separately for the educational pre-congress day and working groups. Visit our registration page for more information.
- Secure your hotel room: Have a look at our hotel booking platform and the various selection of hotels in the surrounding of the Valencia Conference Centre (VCC). Don’t wait too long to book your accommodation, only a few rooms are left applying the special congress rates.
- Reserve your spot for the Networking Dinner: The ECTS Networking Dinner on Monday, 28 May, will give you the opportunity to network with the fellow participants in a relaxed atmosphere. At a fee of 45 € you are invited to explore the beautiful Masia Xamandreu, a typical Valencian XIX century mansion. Check here all Networking Events at ECTS 2018.
- Pack a short and shirt or bathing suits and enroll for our Charity Beach Volleyball: more information below
- Download the App: interactivity will be at the heart of ECTS 2018, download now the ECTS Society App to access ECTS 2018. The App will give you access to the event programme, posters and speakers list, it will help you find your way around through the interactive floorplan, create your daily schedule, take notes and chat with other attendees. To download the App, please search for ‘ECTS’ in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
ECTS 2018 short scientific programme highlights
This year’s programme is simply extraordinary. We can count on nearly 500 between speakers and chairs, among which you will find expert clinicians, cutting-edge researchers, incredible young scientists: the best of the best.
There will be countless sessions for you to enjoy, whether you are a basic or translational researcher, a clinician or an allied healthcare professional.
Here is a taste of what you are going to get this year in Valencia:
- What’s new? The year in review (both for clinical and basic/translational research)
- Best Practices: Clinical Update and Guidance by Key Opinion Leaders
- Discover the latest advances in skeletal research
- Working Groups for many fields of interest, including:
- Non calcified tissues and ectopic calcification
- Cancer: Breast and prostate bone metastases
- Rheumatology and bone
- Fish as model for skeletal diseases
- Cartilage pathophysiology: common and rare disorders of cartilage
- Bone bioengineer, regeneration and implants
- Transgenic animals of musculoskeletal disease
- Non mammalian models: potentiality of non mammalian models in the study of common and rare skeletal diseases
- Rare bone diseases: Chromatin disorganisation in skeletal disorder
- Epigenetic regulation of bone formation: DNA and histone modifications
Do you think this is it? Not even close! Have a look at the final programme, speaker and session details to create your personal planner. A printed version of the programme book will be available onsite.
New this year we have:
- Scavenger Hunt: you will be invited to take a challenge that will walk you through the key activities of the congress. Once completed you will participate in a raffle to get the chance to win educational prices.
- Virtual Exhibitors: a new and eco-friendly way to meet sponsors
- Science Sketches: with ECTS-Science Sketches initiative, poster presenters have been given the opportunity to create a video to present their abstract in a cool, innovative and fun way.
Did you register for our pre-congress programme? Check it out at this link, it is worth the extra day, 100%!
And finally, don’t forget to download our android/iPhone app, just search for “ECTS” on the play store/app store, for a truly interactive experience.
ECTS Charity Beach Volley
Last year, thanks to your support, we raised more than 1,700€ for Hypophosphatasie Deutschland. For this year, the ECTS Academy has organised a Beach volley event to raise money for the Spanish Camurati-Englemann’s disease association. This is all for a good cause but we also hope it will be fun and a good opportunity to bring together members, corporate supporters and friends. So, crank up the Top Gun music, dig out some shorts and t-shirts (bikini or tankini if you are brave enough!), and get your friends and colleagues to form a team. Register your team and get more info at this link
If you have any questions prior to the meeting, do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com. While in Valencia, stop by the ECTS booth to learn more about our activities. We would love to hear from you and get new ideas to better serve our members.
See you in Valencia!
Download the app now and explore ECTS new mobile platform!