Live Webinar: 20 October 2021, 4 pm CET
Organised by ECTS
Sponsored by Kyowa Kirin & Ipsen
Date & Time: 20 October 2021, 4 pm CET
Featuring Signe Beck-Nielsen, and moderated by Richard Keen & Ariadne Bosman
Costs: Live webinar is free for ECTS members and non-members, but a registration is required. Recordings are accessible to ECTS members only.
- 5 min introduction
- 25 min meet-the-expert presentation
- 30 min Q&A and Discussion
- To understand the genetic and molecular background of HHPR
- To be able to understand the natural history of HHPR
- To have knowledge about the treatment options for HHPR
- To have knowledge about best practice for follow-up of adult patients with HHPR
ME Certificate for the On-Demand Attendance
New in the ECTS Rare Bone Diseases webinar series is that ff you were not able to join the day of live event, you can now watch the webinar on-demand and claim the CME credits.
To claim your CME Certificate for on-demand viewing:
- Please complete the feedback survey related to the on-demand event you attended
- Once completed we will send you the certificate by email once every month untill January 27th 2022
Featuring Dr. Signe Beck-Nielsen
Graduated as Medical doctor from University of Southern Denmark in 2002.
Defended the Ph.D. thesis ”Rickets in Denmark – Prevalence of nutritional and hereditary rickets among children living in Denmark and characteristics of patients with hypophosphatemic rickets” in 2009. A total of 59 patients with hypophosphatemic rickets were included in clinical examinations, of these 21 were children. Studies on the bone microarchitecture, geometry and volumetric BMD using HR-pQCT in 30 adult XLH patients were completed during the post doc period. Currently ongoing studies characterizing pain, quality of life, body composition, arterial stiffness, muscle function, bone density and geometry in adult XLH patients.
Certified as Paediatrician in 2014 and as paediatric endocrinologist in 2019. Currently working as consultant at Centre for Rare Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.
Principal organizer of the Danish XLH Patient Association, founded in February 2018.
Has published 21 papers on rickets, 17 of these on hypophosphatemic rickets.