Date & Time: 8 October 2020, 9am CEST
Featuring Salvatore Minisola and Weibo Xia. Moderated by Nadia Rucci
Costs: Live webinar is free for ECTS members and non-members, but a registration is required. Recordings are accessible to ECTS members only.
- 5 min welcome & introductions
- 35 min presentation
- 20 min Q&A
Learning Objectives – For the West:
- Recognizing different phenotypes of primary hyperparathyroidism
- Recognizing differences in presentation between west and east patients
- Optimal management according to presentation
Learning Objectives – For the East:
- The clinical characteristics of primary hyperparathyroidism in Chinese patients
- Primary hyperparathyroidism in MEN1 and other inherited syndrome
- The management of primary hyperparathyroidism following Chinese guideline
Featuring Salvatore Minisola, Full Professor of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Disciplines, “Sapienza”, University of Rome, Italy
Education: Medical Degree and Specialization in Internal Medicine at “Sapienza” University of Rome; Visiting Doctor National Institutes of Health, Bethesda
Special area of interest and expertise: Clinical investigation of metabolic bone diseases, most notably osteoporosis and primary hyperparathyroidism
Summary of experience:
- President of the Italian Society of Osteoporosis,Mineral Metabolism and Skeletal Diseases (SIOMMMS)(2009-2011)
- Member of the Professional Practice Committe of AmericanSociety ofBone and Mineral Research(2009-2011)
- Member of the Executive Committee of theItalianSociety ofInternal Medicine(2014-2018)
- At present: Associated Editor of Journal of Endocrinological Investigation and Aging Clinical and Experimental Research; Senior Editor of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports; Member of Editorial Board of Calcified Tissue International, Bone Research, Journal of Bone and Mineral Research Plus; Osteoporosis International; Member of the Scientific Committee of L’ Endocrinologo.
- Has authored and co-authored more than 300 articles in international peer-reviewed journals and written several reviews and book chapters. H-index:54
Featuring Weibo Xia, Department of Endocrinology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China
Dr. Weibo Xia is affiliated to Department of Endocrinology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, where Dr. Weibo Xia is currently working as Professor. Dr. Weibo Xia has authored and co-authored several national and international publications and also working as a reviewer for reputed professional journals. Dr. Weibo Xia is having an active association with different societies and academies around the world. Dr. Weibo Xia made his mark in the scientific community with the contributions and widely recognition from honourable subject experts around the world. Dr. Weibo Xia has received several awards for the contributions to the scientific community.
Moderated by Nadia Rucci
Nadia Rucci is Associate Professor and head of the Skeletal Diseases Laboratory (Department of Biotechnological and Applied Clinical Sciences, University of L’Aquila, Italy). She graduated in Biology at “La Sapienza” University of Rome (Italy), then she moved to the University of L’Aquila, where she achieved her PhD in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases. Nadia Rucci’s research is mainly focused on oncologic (breast cancer induced bone metastases), metabolic (osteoporosis) and genetic (osteopetrosis) bone diseases. Nadia is currently PI of two projects: “Extracellular vesicles as new therapeutic approach to target bone tumour cells” funded by the Italian Association of Cancer Research and “Bone phenotype in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: unveiling the role of LCN2 and implications for therapy” funded by AFM-Telethon. She has published 63 original research articles in peer-review international journals.