Topic: Cellular senescence in the musculoskeletal system and potential clinical implications
Chair: Dr Jeroen Geurts, Principle Investigator, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Speaker: Prof Will Cawthorn, Senior Lecturer, Deanery of Clinical Sciences, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Date & Time: Thursday 17 August 2023, from 16.00-17.00hrs CET
Format: Live Webinar. On-demand recording to be available after the event
- Introduction by Dr Geurts (3 min)
- Presentation on “Update on Bone Marrow Adipose Tissue” by Prof Cawthorn (30 min)
- Live Q&A from the audience, moderated by Dr Geurts (25 min)
- Conclusion and key messages by Dr Geurts (2 min)
After watching this webinar, participants will:
- Bone marrow adipose tissue (BMAT) is a major adipose subtype that is developmentally and functionally distinct from other classes of adipose tissue.
- BMAT can influence metabolic homeostasis, haematopoiesis and skeletal remodelling, both in normal physiology and in disease settings.
- BMAT increases or decreases in diverse clinical contexts, including ageing, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease. Current research is now aiming to establish if BMAT directly influences pathogenesis of these diverse disease
This webinar is free and open to everyone with an interest in the field.REGISTER HERE
This educational activity has been submitted for CME Accreditation.